ficcentral

Fic Central

Reading, writing, blogging, & design junkie.

{Review} Kiss Me Like This by Bella Andre

Kiss Me Like This - Bella Andre

Serena's had enough of the modeling world and wants to do something for herself, so against her mother's wishes, she enrolls in college and sets out to be just another girl on campus. But baggy clothes and baseball caps can't hide her forever, and when the campus basketball star sets his sights on her, adding romance to her college experience doesn't seem so impossible.

The Verdict: Sure, I've seen a few of Bella Andre's books on Amazon, but I'm such a freebie addict that I've never picked any up. Big mistake.

I definitely had some reservations about the story of a supermodel falling in love, but Serena was instantly likable. She'd been modeling under her mother's tutelage for years, but she wanted more in life than to be photographed and told she was beautiful. Taking a step toward a somewhat more normal life, she started college, but she worried about being recognized and again liked only for her looks.

Sean's still reeling from the death of his mother to cancer, but he's doing his best to continue life as just another student and athlete. He immediately notices the beautiful girl at a party, but he doesn't realize who she is until after she's gone. Striking up a friendship with her, flirtation takes a more serious turn, and the two end up dating, much to her mother's chagrin.

Despite her jet-setting past, Serena's a pretty simple girl, and she's a bit naive when it comes to life on her own. Sean, on the other hand, has lived life to its fullest, and he's exactly the kind of man Serena needs. He's understanding and gentle with her, and though he can't exactly hide his attraction, he's not pushy. He seems to fully get that she's just learning to navigate on her own, and he's more concerned with her well-being and happiness than he is with his own needs.

Of course, things aren't one hundred percent perfect. Serena's mother is pushing her to give up her silly college aspirations and take advantage of modeling and acting opportunities instead, and Sean, while he seems to have it all together on the outside, is unable to face his grief over his mother. Throw in a lecherous professor and nosy paparazzi, and these two have more conflict than they know what to do with. But they're both good hearted and genuine in their feelings for each other, and even when they fight, they face their issues with admirable maturity and are able to move past things instead of falling into the usual trap of misunderstanding and misconstruing every outside force.

Kiss Me Like This was a surprisingly good find for me, and the romance was definitely something to remember. I think I'm going to have to go after more of Bella Andre's work and see what other winners I can find.

centralpickshijackedbyysar

Source: http://ficcentral.com/central-picks/book-review/review-kiss-me-like-this-by-bella-andre