ficcentral

Fic Central

Reading, writing, blogging, & design junkie.

{Review & Giveaway} Dreaming of Love by Melissa Foster

Dreaming of Love (Love in Bloom: The Bradens) (Volume 24) - Melissa Foster

Emily is an architect specializing in passive houses, and like many of us, she's been focused on her career for far too long. When her brother gifts her a dream vacation to Tuscany, she finally has a chance to unwind and have a little fun for herself. The scenery is beautiful, but it's the enticing man she meets on her first night there that really makes an impression.

Dae is in Italy on business, visiting to discuss the demolition of an old local building that the locals call the House of Wishes — only he doesn't realize his next job and this local legend are one and the same. For ages, women have visited the house to see the olive tree growing inside and leave a token of their hearts' true desires, and both Dae and Emily are immediately intrigued by it.

The Verdict: After meeting on their first night staying in the same little bed and breakfast, Emily and Dae are instantly attracted to each other but not rushing into anything foolish. However, the more time they spend together, the harder it is to behave, and what's a vacation without a little fun?

Dae is quite the romantic, making sure Emily gets to do all she planned on for her trip, and their connection grows faster and stronger than they ever expected. He's kind and respectful and thrillingly hot, and while he does his best not to rush the physical, there's too much passion to be denied. Emily, too, is entirely loveable. She's smart and successful and has been such a big help to everyone else in her life that it's wonderful to see her getting her own dream come true.

The conflict, of course, is their opposing careers, hers that creates and conserves versus his that destroys. Of course, it's more than just principle, and when they fall hard and fast, it's only natural to question and judge. Through it all, though, is a perfectly paced, believable falling in love, and if you've read the previous books, you'll agree with me that it's about time Emily got her happy ending!

Fortunately, this book is the same fare from Melissa Foster that I've come to rely on. There's friendship and fun, chemistry and passion, and natural conflict and drama — never too much of anything and just enough to keep you turning the pages. And of course, there's a wonderful happily ever after to be had as well, though this one was decidedly different in its promise for even more. As always, I fell in love with the characters and their story, from the small but meaningful moments to the life-changing ones. If you haven't started this series yet, you're missing out on the perfect set of romances.

centralpickshijackedbyysar

***FicCentral received this book from Tasty Book Tours for free in exchange for an honest review. Even so, we're far too opinionated to let a freebie influence our thoughts or the contents of the reviews we post here.
Source: http://ficcentral.com/central-picks/giveaway/review-giveaway-dreaming-of-love-by-melissa-foster