ficcentral

Fic Central

Reading, writing, blogging, & design junkie.

{Review} Cape Cod Kisses by Bella Andre & Melissa Foster

Cape Cod Kisses (Love on Rockwell Island, Book 1) (Volume 1) Paperback May 3, 2015 - Bella Andre Melissa Foster (Contributor)

Well, let's see… when the author is Melissa Foster, I know it's going to be a great book. I've only read one or two by Bella Andre, but I've got a long list of hers TBR, so it's not like I was going to pass up the chance to read a story written by both of them!

Shelly's way more independent than I am, but it's impossible not to love such a free spirit. Her solo honeymoon idea was simply brilliant, and I love that she was doing it for her own enjoyment, not to prove anything to anyone but rather so that she wouldn't miss out on the experience — even if a travel companion was conspicuously absent. But what most intrigued me about her was that she was not your typical poor little rich girl. While her family was made of money, she didn't bother playing her role. Instead, she'd been doing what made her happy, despite what her family might think of it, for a long time. When a character is already so certain about who she is, you get to know her very quickly as well.

Quinn, on the other hand, is more typical of the successful businessman whose life is missing that important someone to share it with — as well as a real sense of adventure. But that doesn't make him any less loveable. In fact, I'm not sure anyone wouldn't be able to sympathize with him early on, given how despite the warmth he shows with his father and siblings, he's stuck with the world's coldest and most controlling grandfather. Being essentially ordered to move back to Cape Cod, with no regard or respect for the business he's built into a huge success, puts him emotionally between the proverbial rock and a hard place. While he loves his childhood home and seems to be able to put aside the stuffy suit (for the most part) when there, it's out of his hands. He's essentially being forced to stay in a place he loves, which has got to be a bit of a mental nightmare.
Fortunately, he meets Shelly, and her tendency to buck tradition and disregard expectations speaks to that part of him that's missing.

Their first meeting was simply brilliant — with the woman catching the man off guard and drooling for once! But it's not insta-love or an excuse to immediately shed the life he's been living. On the one hand, Shelly is so different than anyone else he knows, but she also challenges him to pursue his own idea of happiness, not just on the business side of things but in his personal life.

As with everything else I've read that Melissa Foster has had her hands in, Cape Cod Kisses, is every bit your standard romance — but with fresh characters and classic romantic twists that have been upended and made new. Of course, that's not to take anything away from Bella Andre — I fell in love with the couple of hers I've read, making the pairing of these two awesome romance authors a brilliant combination that becomes more evident with each new page. Shelly and Quinn's romance is sweet and entertaining and occasionally nail-bitingly tense, which is exactly what a story like theirs should be, and it lived up to my every expectation.

centralpickshijackedbyysar

***FicCentral received this book from Brook Cottage Books for free in exchange for an honest review.
Source: http://ficcentral.com/central-picks/book-review/tour-book-review/review-cape-cod-kisses-by-bella-andre-melissa-foster