ficcentral

Fic Central

Reading, writing, blogging, & design junkie.

Escape from Paradise

Escape from Paradise - Gwendolyn Field I can't say enough about this book! I loved it the whole way through. It kept me guessing what was going to happen next, which was good because I just got though two mediocre books and really needed something that would knock me off my socks.

Through alot of the book we switch between Angela/Angel's story and Colin's story. There is mystery, intrigue, and drama as we follow Colin after his parents are murdered and his brother sold into sex slavery. He makes it his life mission to rescue his brother and kill people that do this to others. While immersed in this world he get the opportunity to save one more before he calls that life quits.

Angela, or Angel as she has to be know after being kidnapped while on a college get away to Cancun is flung into a life of submission and slavery. I don't want to tell you too much about this story, but this isn't one of those -she-falls-for-her-abductor-and-lives-happily-ever-after-as-a-slave story. There is a bit of Stockholm syndrome, but that's to be expected. Sometimes you may want to yell and say "why would you submit like that", but put yourself in those shoes knowing the consequences and ask yourself that again.

Like I said, drama until the very, very ending and the epilogue is perfect. We get their whole story with out really dragging it out.

I think this is the author's debut novel and I can't wait to see what else she has up her sleeve. Her imagination and attention to detail without adding boring details is so great! Her words pulled me in from the very beginning and didn't let go to till the very last page. This story is perfect for me and everything I want in a book! Read it!!