ficcentral

Fic Central

Reading, writing, blogging, & design junkie.

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1) - R.K. Lilley I hate starting a book when the second one isn’t out, but this book looked way too good…so I had to read. And I am not sorry!

What caught my attention in the first few chapters was the banter between Tristan and Danika. It's cute and sassy and witty. What hooked me was my love for Tristan and his bad boy, man-whoring ways, but sweet and caring at the same time attitude. I rooted for this couple throughout the whole book. And the best things is, they spent every day together getting to know each other, all the while trying desperately to keep the “friends” boundaries between them.

As a book lover, you can imagine what eventually happens, however R.K. Lilley does not make this series of events feel like you have been-here-read-that before. I felt butterflies and anticipation and excitement as these two character discovered the great things about each other *cough* inside and out. You know the saying, “Everything is fine, until it isn’t?’ Yea, that applies to this book.

Tristan’s anger and jealousy, and Danica’s need to be loved starts to create a mess of a relationship, and in the end we wonder if maybe they should have stayed just friends, until a heartbreaking tragedy pulls them out of the mess.

I am not gonna lie; this book was great 85% through it. The sexual tension and banter was great, and I loved all the characters. After a while, it seemed like they were having sex everywhere, and although it wasn’t cheesy or badly written, I found myself skimming through to get back to the story.

After the tragedy happens, it just kind of ends. I wouldn’t call it a cliffhanger, especially since we get a nice long preview of the second book and can tell what happened after book 1, but it ended after so much building of a nice story that I was hoping for a longer ending. But to each his own. Still the story is good and worth the read.

Check it out and come back and tell me what you think!