ficcentral

Fic Central

Reading, writing, blogging, & design junkie.

{Review} Blind Mercy by Violetta Rand

Blind Mercy ( A Viking Romance) (The Blind Series) - Violetta Rand

Rachelle Fiennes is desperate to find her uncle, the only relative she has left, in the aftermath of the Battle of Stamford Bridge.  Instead, she finds a defeated Viking hiding among the corpses.  With no one to turn to and nowhere else to go, she accompanies the intriguing Tyr, praying he’s the protector she needs now that she’s all alone, and joins him back in his homeland, among the very people she’s always thought were the enemy.

div

TheVerdictWow.  This book is everything I love about historical romance — and so much more!  Rand brilliantly lays out detail in a way that plays out scenes in full color without losing any of the pace.

Tyr is the ultimate romance hero.  He’s proud and arrogant, fearless and strong.  Yet he’s portayed with passion and vulnerability that make him utterly flawed and human.  And the way he’s described… Well, the pages heat up long before his romance with Rachelle fully blooms.  The conflict, of course, is the bitterness between his people and Rachelle’s, and there were so many times I probably should have been furious with him for the mistakes he makes in his treatment of her.  But even at his worst, he’s impossible to hate, which just goes to show how fully his character is written.

Rachelle is everything I hoped she would be.  She’s particularly vulnerable, and yet she has incredible strength.  She holds onto her beliefs and withstands almost complete isolation, and it’s that fortitude that makes her irresistable to Tyr, even if it takes him a while to fully realize that.

This book has it all — romance, danger, drama, and of course, two characters at odds who can’t help but fall in love with each other.  If you’re looking for characters you can fall in love with, wrapped up in a fascinating story and intriguing plot twists, this is exactly what you should be reading!

centralpickshijackedbyysar

***FicCentral received this book from Reading Addiction Virtual Book Tours for free in exchange for an honest review. Even so, we're far too opinionated to let a freebie influence our thoughts or the contents of the reviews we post here.
Source: http://ficcentral.com/central-picks/book-review/tour-book-review/review-blind-mercy-violetta-rand