ficcentral

Fic Central

Reading, writing, blogging, & design junkie.

{Review} Destined for Love by Melissa Foster

Destined for Love (Love in Bloom: The Bradens, Book 2) Contemporary Romance - Melissa Foster

Rex Braden doesn't know what started the feud between his family and the Johnsons, but he knows better than to pursue Earl Johnson's daughter Jade. Problem is that she's the only woman who's ever caught his eye and held it, and while she may be off limits, she's still everything he's ever wanted.

It seems like chance keeps bringing them together, but when they both start falling, that chance begins to look a whole lot more like destiny. But with decades of bad blood, stubborn parents, and disputed land between them, making an honest go of it isn't going to be easy.

The Verdict: Oh, sexy Rexy! In many ways, this might have been my perfect book. Melissa Foster took me home to a ranch, gave me back the Arabian my Daddy bought me when I was a kid, and threw in a sexy as sin but ultimately gentleman cowboy. I'm already sold on her writing, and about the only thing that would have ruined this book for me would have been something along the lines of an alien invasion or zombie outbreak.

The whole star-crossed lovers thing in Destined for Love was different than I expected. With the feuding families, I thought Jade and Rex would be at each other's throats, but from the very beginning, they began to bring out the best in each other. Sure, they butted heads, and their futile attempts at hiding their attraction from each other led to some awesome misunderstandings, but Rex remained the gentleman, and Jade was as sweet as she was feisty. It really was the perfect country pairing.

And at first, I thought the feud was crazy (I guess I was kind of in sync with the Jade and the Braden kids in this one), but the more I saw of the fathers, the more I believed it. It really is nuts what people will hold against each other for ages, and it seemed these guys were no different from the rest of us in that respect. Emotion almost always wins over logic when it comes to these things, and true to life, emotion started it, and emotion ended it.

I guess it goes without saying that this is the perfect romance for anyone who can appreciate the everyday life on a ranch — from mending fences to mucking stalls to running to the feed store. But for those who don't know the difference between Rogues and Ropers, it's still a great escape into a modern cowboy romance.

centralpickshijackedbyysar

Source: http://ficcentral.com/central-picks/book-review/review-destined-for-love-by-melissa-foster